Forums

Oct/Nov MxM Topic: "Content, dude! Content!"

Description:

"Have three (3) videos on your profile if you send a friend request."

"Only accepting friend requests from profiles with videos one (1) minute or longer."

"Won't accept follow requests from blank profile."

These statements are becoming more frequent as criteria to get in touch with other fetishists on platforms like ThisVid and Instagram to see their content.

Is this criteria positive or negative for the community? Does it promote a utilitarian approach that benefits everyone, or does it single out certain groups of people who cannot upload content for a valid reason? Does it invoke creativity, or does it invoke recycling?

My answer will immediately follow this post.

-Aeropat

Reply to this topic Share on my timeline

3 Replies

Aeropat·

I would hope that the average person who makes these statements are truthful when they say they want other members to contribute their fair share to the community. I can see some positives behind the approach and would be willing to bet it has inspired some people to get creative with their content... but I am also of the opinion that certain people have been put at a disadvantage with this criteria (guys who work in the public figure, guys without someone to help them make content, guys who live in very rural areas, etc) who can't make content as it would put them in a bad situation if discovered.

Recycling is becoming, in my opinion, a very intriguing subject. It may be nice to find a copy of a video that you loved and thought disappeared forever (I've had that happen to me), but what if that profile only contributes old videos? That's good if ONE OR TWO profiles have these videos in stock, but what if 10-12 profiles have the same video? I've seen profiles trim one long video into multiple videos to increase their video count.

For those who use "only add profiles with content" as criteria, I would like to ask: Do you guys review the profile in question? How is it beneficial to the community if I just re-upload content that you can find in 10 other places? My profile could have 30 different videos/pictures but they are all from other people.

On the other hand, I've notice some people trying to fight this (whether directly or indirectly) by "copyrighting" their material or instructing users not to share their videos without their consent. Is this there way to encourage others to make their own content and not copy others?

In my opinion, I think anyone who uses those types of statement as criteria should communicate with the people who try adding them about why they don't have videos/pictures on their profile. If all the videos on a person's profile is recycled material of other people, I would go as far as asking why they can't/won't upload their own original content? Use a case-by-case basis approach.

Don't get me wrong, recycling is a good alternative when you can't make original content or have limited resources (ie: can only upload videos of self-foot play - you can only make that video so many times before it gets repetitive). What get's under my skin is how someone could create a profile tomorrow and upload of a bunch of copied videos and pictures and be approved by those who claim they want to make other members contribute their fair share to the community.

TL:DR - It promotes creativity for those have a passion for it. It puts those who can't upload content for reasonable purposes at a disadvantage and I wish there would be a way to better accommodate those guys. It invokes A LOT of recycling.

john·

Mainly in reference to thisvid.
I see that a lot - "have X amount of videos."
I look only to see that their "private video(s)" is not even theirs.
So basically you download a video, put it up and call it "private".

Personally IMO if it's not YOUR video, you shouldn't be making it private.
At the same time, yes it's nice to encourage folks to make stuff.

I just don't think that's the way, it just encourages folks to hoard content that is not theirs to begin with.

Then you get the folks with totally blank profiles wanting to "friend" you for the 2 vids I have (both of which are actually mine).

I suppose the best way to encourage content creators is to either pay them, or recognize them in some way.
Not gonna lie, I'd love to make some, and have it out there for love of seeing a cute little twink smothered in my ass, or crushed in my thighs and knowing folks are wanking at it.
Getting paid would just be a plus.

Aeropat·

@ John Thanks for responding, John!

I agree with you about said, if it's not your video not to make it private.

That's also a great topic! "How to best encourage conntent creators?" I know, to some, the idea of paying for content is a touchy subject all on it's own, but I wouldn't be opposed if it's someone who is passionate about it and not only in it for the money. I think that most of us who enjoy that sort of thing are good judges of characters of those who enjoy it versus those just trying to make a quick buck. Paraphrasing what one user said on here before; "the community will weed the bad ones out."

It's too bad there's not a way to have a "donation per photo/video option", where one has do donate money to get a photo/video but it's up to you what you want to pay for it (within reason - maybe a minimum donation?)

Thanks again for responding! And I agree, would be hot to see a twink struggling to breathe under your as :P